Subject: RE: [ws-rx] AnonURI and Offer and WS-Addressing

I'd phrase it slightly differently to differentiate the types of
protocols (akin to differentiating the types of bindings...)

WS-RX is most definitely defining a protocol.  It has a state machine,
etc.  But it is not defining an underlying SOAP protocol binding as you
say.  The WS-A use of protocol is in that binding of SOAP to what SOAP
calls an underlying protocol.  BTW, that's one reason why many of us
SOAP-heads keep saying "don't call it a transport, call it an underlying
protocol".  The use of the term "underlying" is crucial to differentiate
from "overlaying" protocols like RX, Application protocols, etc.  The
WS-RX protocol is a protocol encoded in SOAP headers and body.  No more
or less than any other application protocol like submitPO, getPOStatus,
cancelPO.

Cheers,
Dave

SOAP