Subject: Re: [ws-rx] Groups - Application Notes for WSRM (AppNotes-061-WSRM.doc) uploaded

Jacques,

In section 2.2, Binding Options for the Acknowledgement Patterns, it says:

"It is often necessary that the same binding option(s) be used between an RMS and an RMD, for all patterns. In particular, in case the synchronous sequence management binding is used exclusively due to restrictions previously mentioned, then it is likely that the same restrictions apply to the acknowledgement pattern as well

The binding option for this pattern are indicated using the AcksTo element of CreateSequence message with value: <wsa:Address>http://www.w3c.org/2005/08/addressing/anonymous</wsa:Address>

If the wsa:ReplyTo element is used on the requested version of the acknowledgement pattern, then it should not have a value that conflicts with the binding option (i.e. should have value “anonymous”)."

What makes you think that "it is often necessary"? As I said in my previous note on the subject, there should be NO constraint that the exchange pattern/binding used for the CreateSequence (and other lifecycle operations) to share the same pattern/binding as the messages within a Sequence. None.

I appreciate what you are trying to accomplish here, but frankly am a little concerned with the direction this is taking.

STSM, Software Group Standards Strategy
email: chrisfer@us.ibm.com
blog: http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/blogs/dw_blog.jspa?blog=440
phone: +1 508 377 9295