wsbpel-abstract message

Subject: [wsbpel-abstract] Groups - 2004-08-23_Terminology for Abstract BPEL.doc uploaded

Dear Ivana, Monica and others,

First, please find Rania's contributions to me attached.  Basically one of
the documents contains comments on the whole bundle of terms that I produced
the first time around and the second is a curtailed version suggesting some
other terms that need definition.  I have taken both of these into account
in the version I produced today.

If I have produced a document containing too many terms I actually think
that that is a good place to start.  I knocked a few out at Rania's
suggestion.  So I would encourage you to define the sub set that you think
we really need to home in on.  I could then split the table into two - the
first rank terms and the 'also rans' - I would keep the also rans in for one
iteration in case we find that we do need a term from that set, but will
knock out any we all agree are not required going forward.  In spite of
Ivana's pessimism I think we could very quickly come to an agreed set of
useful terms.  I think we could then produce useful definitions of those
terms - I am sure not 'word perfect' but useful approximations.  At that
point I would agree with Ivana we should offer them to the full TC as an
output from the informal group.  It would then be up to the full TC to
decide how to take forward (if at all).  Personally I think that the main
BPEL spec should define (possibly in an appendix as this seems to be the
style for OASIS specifications) the key terms that it uses with meanings
that are not identical to what you would find in a dictionary (if a term is
used as in common - dictionary - usage then of course it does not need to be
specially defined).

Best Regards     Tony
A M Fletcher

Cohesions  (TM)

Business transaction management software for application coordination
www.choreology.com

Choreology Ltd., 68 Lombard Street, London EC3V 9LJ     UK
Tel: +44 (0) 1473 729537   Fax: +44 (0) 870 7390077  Mobile: +44 (0) 7801
948219
tony.fletcher@choreology.com     (Home: amfletcher@iee.org)