wsbpel-implement message

Subject: Re: [wsbpel-implement] 9/29/2003: Interoperability Definition Draft

Diane Jordan wrote:

>A definition might be useful, but  I don't think we should include
>conformance as one of the objectives or activities for this subgroup.   It
>implies a great degree of completeness both in definition and execution of
>test cases.   There are also implications regarding the results for those
>implementations that are tested that I don't think  the TC should get
>involved in.

mm1: Diane, I understand your expressed concern here.  I was not
suggesting we have conformance aspects, although the team could consider
it.  Conformance is voluntary and is clearly defined as such by ISO; it
is compliance that is mandatory and if used could imply other
ramifications.  I can provide the references if you desire. Thanks.