Subject: Re: [wsbpel] Issue 49 - Disambiguating <receive>s to <reply> to

Danny,

I'm still having problems understanding the issue. As the specs say,
partnerLink, portType, operation, and correlation set make the receives
unique. As the reply references the same properties, there should be no
problem.

dieter

|         |           Danny van der    |
|         |           Rijn             |
|         |           <dannyv@tibco.com|
|         |           >                |
|         |           09/05/2003 01:27 |
  |                                                                                                                                             |
  |       To:       wsbpel@lists.oasis-open.org                                                                                                 |
  |       cc:                                                                                                                                   |
  |       Subject:  Re: [wsbpel] Issue 49 - Disambiguating <receive>s to <reply> to                                                             |
  |                                                                                                                                             |
  |                                                                                                                                             |

i'd like to re-open discussion on this issue, since i think that i worded
the original statement poorly, and then dropped the ball.

i mention "outstanding" receives not in the sense of the spec:
"A business process instance MUST NOT simultaneously enable two or more
receive
activities for the same partnerLink, portType, operation and correlation
set(s)."

but in the sense of request/replies that have been received, but not yet
replied to.  i don't see anything in the current spec that forbids that,
and
in that case, <reply> will not be able to disambiguate.

arkin's issue 26 arrives at the same problem, but gets there a different
way.

danny