Subject: [wsbpel] Issue 103 - email poll

Hi all,

Since Issue 103 is so well-discussed and it affects how BPEL deals with variables in a large extent, I think it may be a good idea to have an email poll / straw poll. So we can have a sense of direction of how much changes we are ready to take in BPEL spec, before we dig further into the technical details and present a consolidated proposal.

Here are some poll questions for you guys:

(a) Do you like using $var syntax to refer to a BPEL in XPath expression in general?

(b) Do you want to use $var (together with some XPath) to address both Schema Type (simple and complex) and WSDL 1.1 Message Type, if you say yes on (a)?

(c) Do you want to remove bpws:getVariableData(...), if you say yes on (b)?

(d) Do you want to simplify from-spec and to-spec as follows, if you say yes on (b)? For example:
  • from-spec has only expression (no variable, part and query)
  • to-spec has variable and query (no part - using Xpath in query to emulate part)

If you answer yes to all of four, then the WSDL 1.1 message part semantics will be wrapped inside of an XPath.