Subject: Re: [wsbpel] Issue - 170 - How to handle faultcode, faultstring,and faultactor

Yaron,

Correct me if I am wrong.

A fault message type is defined via WSDL definitions/message.
The problem is that what is defined there is the type of the
content of the <detail> element, not the whole SOAP fault message.
Because a BPEL message variable is defined via WSDL definitions/message,
it can only contain the content of a <detail> element, not faultcode or
the likes.

Below is an example quoted and editied from
http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/xml/library/ws-tip-jaxrpc.html

---- WSDL ----

<definitions ...>
   <types>
     <schema xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema";>
       <element name="InsufficientFundFault">
         <complexType>
           <sequence>
             <element name="balance" type="xsd:int"/>
             <element name="requestedFund" type="xsd:int"/>
           </sequence>
         </complexType>
       </element>
     </schema>
   </types>
   <message name="InsufficientFundFaultMessage">
     <part name="fault" element="tns:InsufficientFundFault"/>
   </message>

   <portType name="Bank">
     <operation name="withdraw">
       <input message="tns:withdrawRequest"/>
       <output message="tns:empty"/>
       <fault name="fault" message="tns:InsufficientFundFaultMessage"/>
     </operation>
   </portType>
</definitions>