wsfed message

Subject: FW: CD 01 PR package

Copying response to the TC list.

Regards,

Mary

From: Mary McRae [mailto:mary.mcrae@oasis-open.org]
Sent: Friday, July 11, 2008 9:57 PM
To: 'Marc Goodner'; 'Kelvin Lawrence'; 'Chris Kaler'; 'Mike Kaiser'
Subject: RE: CD 01 PR package

Hi Marc et al,

  Each time the TC Process is updated it is announced on the Chairs list. The Specification Checklist (http://docs.oasis-open.org/templates/QAChecklistV2.html) is intended to serve as a quick guide to requirements and to be used as a self-check prior to submission.

#1 and #2 have been in effect since at least June of 2004 (when I joined OASIS Staff).

#3 - the “authoritative” designation went into effect on March 1 (http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/chairs/200803/msg00000.html).

#4 below has been in effect for quite some time (well before the formation of WSFED) and is stated in the Naming Guidelines policy (03-31-2007) http://docs.oasis-open.org/specGuidelines/namingGuidelines/resourceNaming.html.

#5 has been in practice since June 07 (use of /ns in path); this is not a required change – the namespace is fine but the documents/schemas can’t live “under” it. The namespace will resolve to the actual namespace document (which will also live elsewhere, in the same dir as the specs)

#6 the date in the running footer must correspond to the approval date (see #1 and #2 above); a templating error with regard to the copyright slug was made and fixed back in April of 2007 (before WS-FED’s first meeting)

#7 TC Process requires a separate section (not subsection) for Conformance; best practice is to make this the last numbered section. This is not a required change.

#8 is required because of #4 above

  I’m always open to any and all suggestions about how to better “get the word out” regarding template updates, TC Process updates, etc. Maybe a meeting with the editors as soon as they start drafting? Quarterly editor webinars? I’d much prefer that the specifications come in with no work required so I could turn them around quickly – ideas?

Mary