Subject: Re: WSIA 5/8/2002: [wsia][wsia-requirements][R602]

This make sense.  My main goal was to point out that the "presentation
fragments" referred to below consist only of "markup".  They don't today
and they won't in the future.  I think we all agree that some of the
non-markup
bits will be opaque (what we have been calling "binary"), but that others
will not be.

I do think that it is useful to map these concepts into the specific set of
technologies in use today (even if that mapping is temporary).  It helps serve
as a sanity check that what we do will be relevant to web application
developers
(not to mention the fact that I think better with concrete examples :-) ).

In terms of the goals you outline below, I would add:

*       Provide a mechanism to support modification of Presentation
         Fragments based on Consumer supplied criteria.

Note that this leaves aside the issue of where such modifications are
performed.

Sean