wsn message

Subject: Groups - wsn-WS-BaseNotification-1.3-draft-01k.doc (wsn-WS-BaseNotification-1.3-draft-01l-3.doc) uploaded

The document revision named wsn-WS-BaseNotification-1.3-draft-01k.doc
(wsn-WS-BaseNotification-1.3-draft-01l-3.doc) has been submitted by Mr
William Vambenepe to the OASIS Web Services Notification (WSN) TC document
repository.  This document is revision #2 of
wsn-WS-BaseNotification-1.3-draft-01i.doc.

Document Description:
Peter's list of things to fix:

2.6   Remove references to WS-Trust and WS-SecureConversation from
security section

2.34 MultipleTopicsSpecifiedFault missing from Schema and WSDL

2.34 suffix "Fault" missing from name of several faults in 4.2, 5.1.4, 5.2,
6.1.1, 6.1.2

2.52:Need to make TopicExpression Dialect minOccurs="0" in schema and xsd

2.55 Replace the unresolved [WSRF] reference at the start of section 6

2.55 remove refs to WS-Policy etc from the requirements section (1.1.1)
(could simply remove the entire bullet for this one)

2.55 generalize ref to WS-Policy in wsnt:SubscriptionPolicy text

It would be good if the editors could fix some of the other remaining
issues, and also a number of Typos..

- SubscriptionManger in section 6.
- Notication appears in several places instead of Notification
- Pause and Resume talk about  "PauseSubscriptionMessage request" and
"ResumeSubscriptionMessage request" instead of "PauseSubscription
request"
/ "ResumeSubscription request"
- GetMessages sometimes talks about GetMessage (missing s)

Other things that we need to do:

1. Abstract needs some tidying up, for example it still talks about White
Papers 2. The formatting of the Subscribe text needs to be fixed, it goes
into bold and short line lengths 3. Acknowledgements list. We have had no
circulated 4. Need to include a wsnt: definition of BaseFaults and rebase
the Fault messages on that, so as to solve the schema validation problem. I
understand that WSRF-BF will change to put the any before the timestamp

****

Changes made by Dave Hull in draft K based on Peter's comments:

I've executed on the items in the attached email, with the following
notes/caveats/etc.  I first accepted the changes for draft k, after noting
them in the change log, so the changes you see will just be the latest.
Sorry for the delay.

"2.55 generalize ref to WS-Policy in wsnt:SubscribePolicy text".  I just
took out the reference.  The first paragraph talks generally about policy
grammars, of which WS-Policy would be one.  We could specifically say
"policy grammar such as WS-Policy" or such, but that probably wouldn't
help.

I didn't do item 4 of the "Other things we need to do", which pertained to
rebasing the Fault messages on that, so as to solve the schema validation
problem, as I don't know exactly what the problem is (though I probably
should know).

I believe that there are still statements in the first part of section 7
that are redundant, or nearly so, with statements in the last part.  I was
going to do a proposal for rework, but haven't found time yet.

***

Additional changes made by William Vambenepe:

- remove reference to WS-Coordination and WS-Federation in "relationship to
other specs" section
- fix the "WS-those" typo by changing "WS-those" to "those".

View Document Details:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wsn/document.php?document_id=13434

Download Document:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wsn/download.php/13434/wsn-WS-BaseNotification-1.3-draft-01l-3.doc

Revision:
This document is revision #2 of wsn-WS-BaseNotification-1.3-draft-01i.doc.
The document details page referenced above will show the complete revision
history.

-OASIS Open Administration