Subject: Re: [wsrf] WS-RAP; section 2.3 - WS-Resource definition

Dave,  (and Rich)

You said:

> If I have a WS and a bunch of resources, I have a set of WS-Resources
> with a one-to-one correspondence to the resources. Because all the
> WS-Resources share the same WS they can respond to the operations.

If the resources are independent they may respond differently to the same
operation. Some may respond with a fault; how are the different responses
combined? What is the client to make of this? So, it may work in some cases
(perhaps you have some in mind that you could describe) but it isn't
generally applicable because the interface of the components isn't the same
as the interface of the aggregation. You can define a new interface for the
aggregation (probably with some rather vague fault messages in the general
case) but that establishes a new kind of behaviour for the aggregate
resource (singular).

Regards, Tim Banks
IBM TP Architecture & Technology. Hursley, UK.
Phone: External +44 1962 815639, Internal 245639

David Snelling <David.Snelling@UK.Fujitsu.com> wrote on 06/10/2004
09:03:33: