Subject: Re: [wsrf] Fwd: WS-addressing reference in WSRF-RP

Tom Maguire wrote:

>I looked at this when it was brought up on the OGSA call.  My (perhaps
>uninformed) view is that the correct reference is
>http://www.w3.org/TR/ws-addr-core given that when WS-Addr goes to
>recommendation status this is where the recommendation specification will
>reside.  In other words, that URL 'is' the stable reference for the
>recommendation level.
>
>Tom

We need to be careful here.  We are using namespaces in our wsrf specs
which are defined in the last call spec
http://www.w3.org/TR/2005/WD-ws-addr-core-20050331

This is where these namespaces are defined.  When the ws addressing core
spec progresses, there could be differences in the schema, which
would result in a different namespace applying.  We have to ensure that
we correctly reference the proper version of the ws-addressing core
to avoid confusion, since both our wsrf spec and their ws-addressing
specs are still evolving.

Tom Rutt
Fujitsu

>Frey’s Law: “Every 5 years the number of architecture components double and
>the ability to comprehend them halves”
>

>Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when
>there is nothing left to take away.   – Antoine de Saint-Exupery
>

>T o m   M a g u i r e
>

>STSM, On Demand Architecture
>

>Poughkeepsie, NY  12601
>

>             David Snelling
>             <David.Snelling@U
>             K.Fujitsu.com>                                             To
>                                       WSRF <wsrf@lists.oasis-open.org>
>             06/19/2005 02:22                                           cc
>             PM
>                                                                   Subject
>                                       [wsrf] Fwd: WS-addressing reference
>                                       in WSRF-RP
>

>Folks,
>
>The following came in from a Fujitsu colleague. I this an issue or is
>it just another statement of the fact that WS-A references will need to
>be fixed after Public Review?
>
>Begin forwarded message:
>

>>We find that the current WS-addressing reference in WSRF-RP 1.2 CD
>>is inappropriate. In its normative reference section on page 44,
>>It refer to WS-addressing at "http://www.w3.org/TR/ws-addr-core.";
>>This address is always for the latest version and will be updated
>>in the future. You should refer to
>>"http://www.w3.org/TR/2005/WD-ws-addr-core-20050331"; instead.
>>
>>Namespaces on page 7 says that wsa is
>>"http://www.w3.org/2005/03/addressing."; I think it's better to
>>update the reference maybe by errata?
>>

>--
>
>Take care:
>
>     Dr. David Snelling < David . Snelling . UK . Fujitsu . com >
>     Fujitsu Laboratories of Europe
>     Hayes Park Central
>     Hayes End Road
>     Hayes, Middlesex  UB4 8FE
>
>     +44-208-606-4649 (Office)
>     +44-208-606-4539 (Fax)
>     +44-7768-807526  (Mobile)

Tel: +1 732 801 5744          Fax: +1 732 774 5133