Subject: Re: [wsrf] Fwd: WS-addressing reference in WSRF-RP

Tom,

I absolutely agree with the sentiment.  The stated intent of the WSRF TC is
to wait until WS-Addressing goes to recommendation status before taking
WSRF specs to standard.  At that point the reference:
http://www.w3.org/TR/ws-addr-core will be the correct one.
Are you suggesting that we update the WSRF specs after Public Review to
point to the reference: http://www.w3.org/TR/2005/WD-ws-addr-core-20050331?
I am not sure what that would accomplish, certainly the TC needs to be
aware of any changes that occur in WS-Addressing core from 20050331 to
recommendation status, but I think the reference in the PR is fundamentally
expressing the intent of the standard.

Tom

Frey’s Law: “Every 5 years the number of architecture components double and
the ability to comprehend them halves”

Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when
there is nothing left to take away.   – Antoine de Saint-Exupery

T o m   M a g u i r e

STSM, On Demand Architecture

Poughkeepsie, NY  12601

Tom Rutt <tom@coastin.com> wrote on 06/20/2005 08:24:08 AM:

> Tom Maguire wrote:
>
> >I looked at this when it was brought up on the OGSA call.  My (perhaps
> >uninformed) view is that the correct reference is
> >http://www.w3.org/TR/ws-addr-core given that when WS-Addr goes to
> >recommendation status this is where the recommendation specification
will
> >reside.  In other words, that URL 'is' the stable reference for the
> >recommendation level.
> >
> >Tom
> >

> We need to be careful here.  We are using namespaces in our wsrf specs
> which are defined in the last call spec
> http://www.w3.org/TR/2005/WD-ws-addr-core-20050331
>
> This is where these namespaces are defined.  When the ws addressing core
> spec progresses, there could be differences in the schema, which
> would result in a different namespace applying.  We have to ensure that
> we correctly reference the proper version of the ws-addressing core
> to avoid confusion, since both our wsrf spec and their ws-addressing
> specs are still evolving.
>
> Tom Rutt
> Fujitsu
>

> >Frey’s Law: “Every 5 years the number of architecture components double
and
> >the ability to comprehend them halves”
> >

> >Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when
> >there is nothing left to take away.   – Antoine de Saint-Exupery
> >

> >T o m   M a g u i r e
> >

> >STSM, On Demand Architecture
> >

> >Poughkeepsie, NY  12601
> >

> >             David Snelling