Subject: Re: [wsrm] Spec updated

Tom,

I agree it is a high priority for members of this TC to review updated
Requirements and Specifications documents.  However, one weekend (in the
case of the new Specification) is insufficient time.  I request that we
postpone discussion of the new Specification for at least one week.
Since I have not seen an updated Requirements document, I am not sure
when that discussion should be scheduled.

We should stop using proprietary document formats for our discussions
immediately.  While Iwasa and Szabolcs (or Tom) have provided PDF
versions of their documents, neither are useful for future edits and
neither renders consistently with the Word documents.  I, for one, do
not have Word on any machine and have had problems using various
"Word-compatible" editors with various TC documents.  A conversion to
DocBook (an OASIS Standard), OpenOffice (a submission to an OASIS TC) or
(failing that) HTML at this time would be very worthwhile.

No, this conversion is not something I can do since I seem to have
problems rendering the input documents.  I may have better luck once I
install the StarOffice 6.1 Beta...

Separately, the version of the Requirements document on our web site [1]
has not been updated since the 13th of June.  Is this document still
current?

This reminds me: We should avoid using the email archives as a document
repository.  Iwasa or Tom, please update the Editor's Drafts section of
our TC Documents page to include non-proprietary version of this
material.  In the future, I would suggest updating the site rather than
forwarding large emails to the entire list.  The web copy of the
specification [2] has not changed since the original submission.

Finally, Iwasa, which issues are addressed through the changes you have
made to the specification?  Which changes are editorial or otherwise
unrelated to existing issues?

thanx,
	doug

[1]