Subject: Re: [wsrm] [REL-14] WSDL for WSRM ??

At 11:09 AM 7/11/2003, Sunil Kunisetty wrote:

>Paolo Romano wrote:
>
> > Scott Werden <scottw@wrq.com> ha detto:
> >
> > > The need to advertize that a Web service provider supports WS-RM I
> think is
> > > important. The question is whether WSDL is the best mechanism by
> which to do
> > > that. I suggest we research what is going on with the other WS-XXX
> specs (in
> > > particular WS-Security since it is the only "open" one at this point)
> since
> > > this problem is not at all unique to WS-RM.
> > >
> > These are links about WS-Security and WSDL:
> > http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-arch/2002Nov/0070.html
> >
> http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/webservices/library/ws-security.html#IDAJWYTC
> >

>  None of the above links provide any concrete information at all. Infact,
> I just checked with
>  the Oracle rep. for WS-Security and he mentioned that they are not
> looking into WSDL
>  binding  stuff.

Hi,

Here are the details:

The W3C WSArch Working Group made a formal request to the OASIS WS-Security
TC to consider doing WSDL bindings as part of their work, see:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-arch/2002Nov/0070.html

This was approximately 8 months ago (Nov 11, 2002). As far as I know, the
OASIS TC never responded.

jeff