Subject: Re: [wsrp-wsia] [I#103] In vendor extensibility "object any" should bean array

I agree,

it is an array of XML elements.
The code generators do define arrays of "whatever they use to represent the
<any../> extension" -objects.
AXIS uses MesagesElement[] and .NET uses XmlElement[].
To reflect the maxOccurs="unbounded" in the spec we should indeed define
the any extension as Object[].

Richard

|         |           Gil Tayar        |
|         |           <Gil.Tayar@webcol|
|         |           lage.com>        |
|         |           10/07/2002 07:09 |
  |                                                                                                                                                  |
  |       To:       wsrp-wsia@lists.oasis-open.org                                                                                                   |
  |       cc:                                                                                                                                        |
  |       Subject:  [wsrp-wsia] [I#103] In vendor extensibility "object any" should be an array                                                      |
  |                                                                                                                                                  |
  |                                                                                                                                                  |

Topic:  Interface
Class:  Minor Editorial
Title:  In vendor extensibility "object any" should be an array
Document Section: All
In all the places we have an "any" element for vendor extensibility, it is
really an array, which means it should be represented in the spec as
"Object[] any". In the WSDL it is indeed an array: "<any
maxOccurs="unbounded" minOccurs="0" namespace="##other"/>", but currently
the spec represents this
as "Object any".