wss message

Subject: [wss] Announcement: Next meeting (phone call) Sept 24th

Folks, as you might imagine, trying to coordinate a time for us to have our first teleconference has not been easy. We are grateful to all of you that submitted details of your current commitments. We have tried to avoid as many conflicts as possible and especially any involving other technical committees and working groups in which people are involved. Undoubtedly we will still not have chosen a perfect time for everyone but this is the best of a tough set of choices. We also have tried to pick a time that is not completely awful for those in the European  and Asian timezones. Therefore the next phone call will be as follows:

Tuesday September 24th
Time: 7am Pacific (9am Central, 10am Eastern, 3pm UK, 4pm Central Europe, 11pm Japan)
Duration: Maximum 2 hours but hopefully less (I realize that the second hour clashes with the XPATH WG's weekly call)

Agenda: TBD (if you have a hot topic please e-mail the list) - We will post an agenda before the meeting.

Those of you that offered to be phone call sponsors, I would like a volunteer to host this call. If folks would e-mail me I'll pick whoever mails me first and of course I really appreciate all the offers we received.

As of now we have 66 voting members. To have a quorum, we will need 50% + 1 on the call which says we need at least 34 of you to be on the call. This is intended to be a voting meeting so please make every effort to attend. One of the agenda items will be to approve the minutes from the F2F. I have received a few minor corrections to the minutes. I will update the minutes next week with any corrections I have received by that time.

More details to follow.

Many thanks
Kelvin & Chris