wss message

Subject: Re: [wss] Next F2F planning - possible date conflict

All 3 weeks should be added as proposed weeks

Anthony Nadalin | work 512.436.9568 | cell 512.289.4122

|         |           Kelvin           |
|         |           Lawrence/Austin/I|
|         |           BM@IBMUS         |
|         |           04/08/2003 07:02 |
  >------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                                                                                |
  |       To:       wss@lists.oasis-open.org                                                                                                       |
  |       cc:                                                                                                                                      |
  |       Subject:  [wss] Next F2F planning - possible date conflict                                                                               |
  >------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Dear TC members, while working this evening on setting up the ballot for
the F2F week choices, I double checked the web for any major conflicts
during that time as an FYI exercise for myself and I noticed that the
JavaOne conference according to [1] is in fact during the second week of
June (from June 10th - 13th) not the first week of June. During the call
today, the first week of June was discounted as a possible week for our F2F
meeting, I believe largely because it was stated that that was the week of
JavaOne. So, in our vote, we approved a motion to pick from either the
second or third week of June for our interop event. However, given that
JavaOne actually starts on June 10th, if we were to pick the second week of
June then we would in fact be right on top of the JavaOne conference. I am
not quite sure what to do here but I have a suggestion I would like folks
to consider:

Chris and I have the todo to setup the ballot for picking between the
second and third weeks of June, but I feel that the choices offered in the
vote were at least to some extent based on the assumption that JavaOne was
during the first week of June. Given this fact, unless there are strong
objections, I would like to also include the first week of June in the
ballot - I am not proposing to remove the second and third weeks as choices
but merely to include the first week for consideration given the actual
dates of JavaOne.

I am completely open to ideas here, but I would like us to be offering two
choices that are equally viable in terms of avoiding a major conflict for
our members. What do people think we should do ? Do people agree that
adding the first week of June is a reasonable compromise ?

[1] http://servlet.java.sun.com/javaone/sf2003/home/index.en.jsp

Cheers
Kelvin