wss message

Subject: Re: [wss] Re: Decrypting intermediaries

Since I have not seen any objections, I'll update the document as follows:

Parts of a SOAP message may be encrypted in such a way that they can be
decrypted by an intermediary that is targeted by one of the SOAP headers.
Consequently, the exact behavior of intermediaries with respect to
encrypted data  is not defined by this specification.

Anthony Nadalin | work 512.436.9568 | cell 512.289.4122

|         |           merlin           |
|         |           <merlin@baltimore|
|         |           .ie>             |
|         |           merlin@baltimore.|
|         |           ie               |
|         |           08/18/2003 03:14 |
  >----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                                                                              |
  |       To:       "Chris Kaler" <ckaler@microsoft.com>                                                                                         |
  |       cc:       Anthony Nadalin/Austin/IBM@IBMUS, "WS-Security" <wss@lists.oasis-open.org>                                                   |
  |       Subject:  Re: [wss] Re: Decrypting intermediaries                                                                                      |

r/ckaler@microsoft.com/2003.08.18/11:55:53
>Here is a re-wording... are people OK with this?
>
>Parts of a SOAP message may be encrypted in such a way that they can be
>decrypted by an intermediary that is targeted by one of the SOAP
>headers.  Consequently, the exact behavior of intermediaries with
>respect to encrypted data is undefined and requires an out-of-band
>agreement.

How about:             ... is not defined by this specification.

merlin

The information contained in this message is confidential and is intended
for the addressee(s) only.  If you have received this message in error or
there are any problems please notify the originator immediately.  The
unauthorised use, disclosure, copying or alteration of this message is
strictly forbidden. Baltimore Technologies plc will not be liable for
direct, special, indirect or consequential damages arising from alteration
of the contents of this message by a third party or as a result of any
virus being passed on.

This footnote confirms that this email message has been swept for Content
Security threats, including computer viruses.
http://www.baltimore.com