wss message

Subject: Re: [wss] Request to remove the WS-Security 1.0 errata from WSS page or fixit

I don't think that the TC ever agreed remove the errata and there are no open issues on the list. So maybe we best start off with a list of issues and see if the TC agrees upon those

Inactive hide details for Kelvin Lawrence/Austin/IBM@IBMUSKelvin Lawrence/Austin/IBM@IBMUS

          Kelvin Lawrence/Austin/IBM@IBMUS

          09/26/2005 01:31 PM

"Paul Cotton" <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>

cc

"Chris Kaler" <ckaler@microsoft.com>, "Martin Gudgin" <mgudgin@microsoft.com>, "Vijay Gajjala" <vijayg@microsoft.com>, wss@lists.oasis-open.org

Subject

Re: [wss] Request to remove the WS-Security 1.0 errata from WSS page or fix it

The Errata document is a formal Committee Draft. Even if we remove the link to it (which I think will just confuse people after this long) it is publicly visible in the OASIS document repository. The choices I see are:

1. We fix the document
2. We agree on some wording to post to the web page that says the Errata has known issues and I'll post that to the web site
3. Do we have issues open to address this? Pehaps Paul you can draft the text for the issue if not already sufficiently captured?

What do folks want to do....?

Cheers
Kelvin

"Paul Cotton" <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>

09/25/2005 07:15 PM

<wss@lists.oasis-open.org>
cc
Kelvin Lawrence/Austin/IBM@IBMUS, "Chris Kaler" <ckaler@microsoft.com>, "Vijay Gajjala" <vijayg@microsoft.com>, "Martin Gudgin" <mgudgin@microsoft.com>
Subject
[wss] Request to remove the WS-Security 1.0 errata from WSS page or fix it

The WSS page at [1] still contains the October 2004 errata. That errata
is broken and TC has acknowledged that fact. Yet nothing has been done
to fix it or remove it our TC home page.

When can we fix this?

I'd suggest the TC should just remove the errata from the TC home page
and then put it back up once the fixes are decided upon.

/paulc

[1]
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/tc_home.php?wg_abbrev=wss

Paul Cotton, Microsoft Canada