Subject: Addendum: Re: Hierarchical resources policy and request file

Dhirendra,

I omitted your "ABC-Read" roles from my examples by mistake.  The
simplest, if you really want to use "role" IDs like "ABC-Read", would be
to define the value of the "resource-id" in the Request as the requested
"role" - i.e. if the Subject wants to "read" company "ABC", then the
resource-id will be "ABC-read".  Assume the subsidiaries of ABC are DEF
and GHI.  The Context Handler then returns "ABC-read", "DEF-read", and
"GHI-read" when asked for the AttributeId
"...:resource-ancestor-or-self" if the "...:resource-id" is "ABC-read".

I tried to stay close to what you actually asked for, but I don't think
what you described would be very useful.  You probably want to control
access to resources at a company and its subsidiaries, not "reading" the
company itself.  If so, then you might want to use the Role Based Access
Control Profile
(http://docs.oasis-open.org/xacml/2.0/access_control-xacml-2.0-rbac-profile1-spec-os.pdf),
and have Subject role values that correspond to the highest level
*company* to which the Subject belongs.  Then use Hierarchical
Permission <PolicySet>s to give a Subject in each role appropriate
action-id and resource-id rights.  Don't mix action-id and resource-id
into the role value itself.

Regards,
Anne