Subject: [xacml] Agenda for Jan. 23-24/02 F2F Meeting...

Title: Agenda for Jan. 23-24/02 F2F Meeting...

Hi all,

Below is an agenda for our face-to-face meeting this week.  The times seem precise, but in fact should be taken as approximate (e.g., depending on where we have lunch, 1 hour may or may not be sufficient).  In any case, this represents my suggested set of topics to discuss (and their relative sequence).

As for dial-in facilities, the situation is as follows.  In the past (for the SAML F2F meetings, in particular) it has been found that dialing in has been very ineffective.  Either the sound quality was too poor to be useful, or the participants got behind on the agenda so that dialing in for specific items did not synchronize well with the current topic of discussion.  Further complicating matters for XACML is the fact that we have no volunteer to cover the hotel phone bill (for us dialing out to the teleconference line).  On top of that, I recall that only one person expressed interest in dialing in.  Therefore, I believe that the best decision is for us to post to the mailing list the telephone number of the conference room as soon as we know it (presumably early Wednesday morning).  Any interested party can try calling that number at the times of interest to him/her.

Finally, I've left Wednesday afternoon and all day Thursday unstructured in the agenda, but we agreed on the last teleconference to tackle the highest-priority open issues first.  I expect that we will choose a particular order and assign a time limit for each issue right after lunch on Wednesday before diving into the debates.

Safe travel, everyone!  I look forward to a productive meeting.

Carlisle.

8<---------------------------------------

XACML F2F Meeting
January 23-24, 2002
Barnabey's Hotel, near LAX

Wednesday:
9:00 - 9:15:      Roll call; agenda review; approval of minutes for Jan. 10 con-call
9:15 - 9:30:      Discussion of XACML schedule (milestones, deadlines)
9:30 - 10:00:    presentation from Sekhar on the J2SE authorization model, in relation to SAML & XACML
10:00 - 10:30:  presentation from Simon G. on an alternative policy model and syntax for comparison purposes
10:30 - 10:45:  BREAK
10:45 - 11:15:  presentation from Hal on difficulties with the current model and syntax proposal
11:15 - 12:00:  discussion / status update with respect to IP, sec. & privacy considerations, conformance
12:00 - 1:00     LUNCH
1:00 - 3:00:      discussion and resolution of open issues, beginning with Tim's "We resolve" proposals
3:00 - 3:15:      BREAK
3:15 - 5:00:      continued discussion and resolution of open issues
5:00:                adjourn

Thursday:
9:00 - 12:00:    continued discussion and resolution of open issues (BREAK around 10:30)
12:00 - 1:00:    LUNCH
1:00 - 4:30:      continued discussion and resolution of open issues (BREAK around 3:00)
4:30 - 5:00:      revisit XACML schedule; discuss next F2F; wrap up
5:00:                adjourn