Subject: Re: [xacml] resource-id Attribute proposal

It is not a typo.  I am not trying to guarantee that there is
some known minimal information to work with.

I believe some policies will refer to resource-id, and some
others might refer to resource-category, or resource-location, or
some other hypothetical attribute of the resource.

I do not believe this is a barrier to inter-operability.  We have
stated that a PEP must have some awareness of the attributes that
are required by policy writers who control access to resources
the PEP is responsible for enforcing.  How it gains this
awareness is out-of-scope for XACML, although one method is for
an initial request to receive an Indeterminate Response
containing a Status message listing the required attributes.

For XACML to require any particular set of attributes will
severely limit the uses of XACML.

Anne

On 3 September, Polar Humenn writes: Re: [xacml] resource-id Attribute proposal