Subject: RE: [xacml] Re: postpone vote on WSPL

On 17 September, Anthony Nadalin writes: RE: [xacml] Re: postpone vote on WSPL
 > I would also have to object and say that is out of scope for the XACML TC
 > and is expanding the charter which is not allowed. The document clearly
 > talks about Policy in a general term.

See my original response to this when Maryann Hondo raised the
issue:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xacml/200303/msg00044.html
Can you explain why you do not agree with the examples in that
message of how WSPL is within our charter?

 > I'm also not sure what  you mean by "then perhaps we should start a new
 > OASIS TC for it"

If people feel WSPL is not in scope for XACML, then some of us
should probably start a new OASIS TC with the charter to develop
a royalty-free standard web services policy language.  WSPL and
the Use Cases and Requirements documents would be a submission to
that new TC.  Of course, WS-Policy would be welcome as a
submission also.

Anne Anderson