Subject: Re: [xacml] "policy" = Policy or PolicySet?

On Thu, 2004-04-15 at 08:04, Satoshi Hada wrote:
> A comment:
> "policy" may be still confusing. How about "policy element"?

In the talks I give and docs I write, I try to use little-p policy to
mean a general thing, and uppercase-p Policy or PolicySet to refer to
the tags (like Anne suggested). I think this generally works well, but I
agree that in a specification it could be confusing (I guess this is a
matter of taste <g>).

I think the big/little p idea is fine. I think that using a different
term is also fine, though I'm not crazy about "policy element" just
because that sounds to me like something that goes inside a policy (like
a Rule or a Target). If we go with a new term, how about "abstract
policy" or "general policy" or something more along those lines? Just a
thought (I'm not tied to these ideas)

seth