Subject: RE: [xacml] A problem with the Target

Side note: we really should name those new elements to be <MatchAnd> and
<MatchOr>.  We are cryptic as-is.

Also - in your example, I am not sure of the intended semantics:
OR(AND(Match1, Match2)) - what is the outer OR is for? Should not we OR
the subject matches there?

Could we just introduce <MatchOr> element, have all top level matches to
be implicitly conjunctive, and allow mixing of attribute categories
inside the disjunctive <MatchOr>?

So your example would be
<Target>
  <MatchOr>
     <Match ..category access-subject </...>
     <Match .. category intermediate-subject </..>
  </MatchOr>
  <Match  .. category resource>
  <Match  .. category action>
</Target>

There is no need for a conjunctive match element here, and no need for
an arbitrary depth Boolean logic - such a target can be efficiently
flattened, and it is equivalent to a 2.0 target.

Daniel.