Subject: Re: [xacml] XACML 2.0 errata and 3.0

Olivier DUBUISSON wrote:
> Hi Erik,
>
> as one of those who was involved in the adoption of XACML 2.0 as ITU-T
> Rec. X.1142, I have a preference to go back to referencing XPath and
> XQuery now that they are approved as W3C Recommendations (on the
> assumption that the use of XPath and XQuery in XACML is not deviating
> from how they are standardizaed in W3C).
>
> If we copy text, we could have misalignment with the W3C Rec.s in the
> future.
>
> BTW do you have any idea about when you plan to submit XACML 3.0 to
> the ITU-T?

I would also prefer to make references. Both for 3.0 and the 2.0 errata.

BTW, I noticed that the copied text in the 2.0 errata (and the ITU-T
text I presume) uses different namespaces and identifiers than the text
which the XACML 2.0 OASIS standard refers to. This means that the ITU-T
version is not entirely interoperable with the OASIS version. For 3.0 I
suggest we stay backwards compatible with the OASIS version. (Which is
what is going to happen if we make a reference, rather than a copy.)

Regarding XACML 3.0 and ITU-T, I haven't even considered that yet. I'll
be happy enough with making it an OASIS standard first. :-)