Subject: Ways forward

As mentioned on the phone conference, I would provide an E-mail indicating what I believe are acceptable ways forward on the current state of the XCBF document.  All of these are acceptable alternatives:

1. Change the base64 encoding to hex to provide full compliance with XER as it stands today,

2. Indicate in the text that the encodings are XER compilant with minor deviations, namely the use of base64 in certain fields.  Indicate in an Appendix the current plans for the future XER standard with guidelines as to what is going to be provided so that implementors can plan to make changes to their products to be compilant with the new standard.  Only the part of the new XER standard that affects the XCBF standard needs to be disclosed.

3. Delay the XCBF standard until the EXTENDED-XER standard is available and can be referenced.

Regards,

Ed Day
Objective Systems, Inc.
REAL WORLD ASN.1 AND XML SOLUTIONS