Subject: Chair ballot (was) Re: [xcbf] my summary of today's meeting

At 11:08 AM 4/30/2003 -0700, Tyky Aichelen wrote:
>Thank you, John and Bancroft, for your consideration, kindness, and care
>for our TC. I humbly accept your nominations, and if elected, I would do
>my best to serve our TC from now on.
>Thanks to Phil for leading it until now. Also thanks to all members and
>contributors for the outstanding job writing up the CS so far.
>Karl: As I did not see other nominations, if you approve, you may create a
>KAVI ballot for voting on the site now.
>Best regards,
>Tyky Aichelen

     In lieu of a TC member acting as chair, Karl has asked me to serve as
interim chair -- extremely "interim", merely to facilitate your
election.  Thank you to Tyky for stepping up.

     I plan to set up the ballot shortly.  OASIS rules generally give TCs
some power over the manner of balloting.  So let me make the following
suggestions.  Would anyone with comments or objections please post them
back to this list.  If I hear none, I will assume this method is acceptable
to all and will implement them this Friday 2 May Pacific (US) time.

Proposed election method:
     1.  I will post a separate XCBF list message later today, proposing to
close nominations for chair 24 hours later (that is, tomorrow, 1 May, at
close of business Pacific time).  This will allow the inclusion of any
other eligible party who may be nominated.
     2.   I propose to use the TC's automated database ballot, which this
TC has used before.
     3.   I suggest we run the ballot for one week (7 days), starting 2
May.  OASIS has a 5 day ballot minimum.

     Anyone with questions about procedures should feel free to call or
write. Also, please note, you might find useful the plain-English set of TC
guidelines we have posted at
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/guidelines.shtml,
to explain and complement the normative rules posted at
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/process.shtml.

Best regards
Jamie Clark

~   James Bryce Clark