Subject: Re: [xcbf] Bi-weekly XCBF telecon

Can I repeat my request that instead of a telecon, we use a NetMeeting
Chat session?

The latter puts all participants (international or US) on the same
financial footing (free), but most importantly, it provides a complete
transcript of what is said in the meeting, allowing a more relaxed
meeting where you can, if necessary, be interrupted or diverted but not
miss what has been said.

If a shared application is also used, it enables all participants to see
and to agree any minutes that are produced at the time.

Finally, it enables documents to be displayed for discussion and
amendment or the addition of comment.

Maybe the one-hour session could be split into an initial telecon chat,
then a trial NetMeeting.  If others find the latter works well (and I am
sure they will), we can move the balance in that direction for future
meetings.

If we do not do this for the meeting on the 23rd, I would like to see
this proposal on the Agenda for the 23rd.  Thank you Tyky.

John L

PS It is not difficult to host such meetings, and I could do so myself,
but Paul Thorpe has a permanent IP address, which makes things easier,
and has considerable experience in hosting such meetings.  I suggest
that if we DO decide to use that medium, we rely on Paul for the
hosting.  (If people do not have experience of this medium, Paul is
usually quite happy to give advice on setting up the software and in
conducting a trial session with him in advance of any real meeting.)

--
PLEASE NOTE - As an anti-SPAM measure, e-mails will shortly
not be accepted by my machine from an unknown sender unless

If you pass my e-mail address to others (which I am very happy
for you to do) please tell them to include this phrase in the
subject line of their first mailing to me.  Thanks.

    Prof John Larmouth
    Larmouth T&PDS Ltd
    (Training and Protocol Development Services Ltd)
    1 Blueberry Road
    Bowdon                               j.larmouth@salford.ac.uk
    Cheshire WA14 3LS                    (put "Hi John" in subject)
    England
    Tel: +44 161 928 1605		Fax: +44 161 928 8069