xdi message

Subject: Re: [xdi] XDI RDF Model V12

Dear Drummond,

thank you for this new version. I'm synchronizing my graph model
proposal with this new specs, it basically impacts on two issues:
semantics for inverse predicates and context descriptors. Related to
this latter, I have two questions. I report an excerpt from one
example in the current specs:

$
	$is$a
		$$xdi
	$is$$xdi
		=drummond
		=!f83.62b1.44f.2813

Q1) the first XDI statement, $/$is$a/$$xdi, shouldn't it be instead
$/$a/$$xdi? As the former $is$a (subclassof, type) is now replaced by
$a. Is it just a typo or I'm missing something here?

Q2) the use of $$xdi instead of $context$xdi. Is there a reason to do
this? Sometimes ago we discussed to have $$ reserved for XDI variables
in queries, similar to SPARQL $. At that time, however we were talking
about $$ followed by numbers, e.g. $$1, $$5, $$206... but, given the
similarity with the use of $ in SPARQL, maybe we can have this
extended also with letters? This would help the programmer making the
query, e.g.

=markus
	$get
	      /