xdi message

Subject: Re: [xdi] Minutes: XDI TC Telecon Thursday 1-2:00PM PT 2010-11-11

In order to speedly proceed toward closing some issues:

Def. Quota "Drummond Reed" <drummond.reed@xdi.org>:

> 3) GRAPH MODELS OF BASIC XDI PATTERNS
>
> Drummond showed a small set of XDI graphs illustrating basic patterns using
> the new graph notation. Giovanni had some specific input regarding the
> notation and illustrations which Drummond will incoporate and try to post
> before the next call.

During the call we discussed two alternatives for identifying
different personas, one is the currently adopted in PDX

http://wiki.oasis-open.org/xdi/PdxExample#Pattern.3ASubjectSuperset.28PersonaContext.29

and the second is the one I proposed here:

http://wiki.oasis-open.org/xdi/XdiOne/AddressingAndGraphModel#A.24has.24aforqualifyingcontexts

my problem with the first option is that it causes semantic conflicts
with the mereological interpretation of structured identifier (see
hereafter reported excerpt from minutes):

> XDI adds a second feature to RDF, which is the ability of XRIs to
> express structured identifiers reflecting the merelogical structure
> of the graph, i.e., aggregation.

that's why I'm in favour of the second one. However, I've understood
that the first pattern has been introduced for some issues related to
the XRI resolution process - which I'm a bit less familiar with. Could
you maybe guys provide some more details on this issue?

Thank you,
Best Regards,

Giovanni

Invito da parte dell'Ateneo:
Il tuo futuro e quello della Ricerca Scientifica hanno bisogno del
tuo aiuto. Dona il  5 x mille all'Universita' di Roma Tor Vergata
codice fiscale: 80213750583 http://5x1000.uniroma2.it