xdi message

Subject: Re: [xdi] XDI Graph Patterns writeup

Giovanni,

Thanks for posting your comments. I reviewed them and don't yet agree
with either of your alternate proposals (one is just for notation and
the other for semantics), but I am eager to better understand your
rationale for each.

I did two things myself tonight:

1) I added the link contract example to the page (at the bottom of
http://wiki.oasis-open.org/xdi/XdiGraphPatterns).

2) I uploaded the source PPTX file as you requested (I apologize for
not doing it earlier), which hopefully will make it easy for anyone to
make their own graphs.

  http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/40518/example-xdi-graph-diagrams-v16.pptx

Don't feel constrained by Powerpoint - the notation is simple enough
for any diagramming software to draw. I'm using Powerpoint for this -
even though I'm on a Mac - because it does the best job of keeping the
arcs connected to the dots as I move graphs around.

I will be able to make this week's telecon after all (my travel plans
moved to next week), so I look forward to discussing this in depth on
the call. In the meantime, let's use email as much as we can.

Best,

=Drummond