Subject: RE: [xliff-inline] 1.15. Should be able to represent illegal XML characters in the content

>> - I assume we should just forbid invalid chars in other constructs
>> like attribute values (e.g. display representation), is that
>> a correct assumption?
>
> CL> I would benefit from one or two examples.

For example, a tool may want to use some existing data to set the value of the 'disp' attribute (used to show a displayable representation of the code). That value should not have XML invalid character and we would not try to provide a way to represent those there.

I guess there are not many cases like this.
Does it helps?

-ys