OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

xliff message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [Elist Home]

Subject: RE: [xliff] Minutes of the XLIFF TC August 6th. 2002

Title: RE: [xliff] Minutes of the XLIFF TC August 6th. 2002

Sorry for the last minute mail.

I will not be able to chair today's meeting due to a scheduling conflict with travel.

I'd like to suggest that we either cancel today's meeting and reschedule next week.  Please respond with your availability to meet next week.  If it looks like we will have more then 50% attendance then we can meet on the 27th.  Otherwise we will have our regularly scheduled call on Sept. 3rd.

-----Original Message-----
From: Peter Reynolds [mailto:Peter.Reynolds@Berlitz.ie]
Sent: Wednesday, August 07, 2002 3:07 AM
To: 'xliff@lists.oasis-open.org'
Subject: [xliff] Minutes of the XLIFF TC August 6th. 2002

Minutes of the XLIFF TC August 6th. 2002

1/ Attendance:  Mark Levins, Christian Lieske, Mat Lovatt, John Reid, Peter Reynolds, Yves Savourel, Mirek Driml, Gérard Cattin des Bois, David Pooley.

Apologies: Jonathan Clark, Tony Jewtushenko, John Corrigan, Enda McDonnell, Reinhard Schaler

2/ Minutes of the last meeting were agreed as a correct record with one clarification. In the section where it states that Mark will clarify the 'content-type' the should be 'context-type'.

3/ Heidelberg LISA conference
Christian, Yves, Gerard and David are attending this conference. Christian and Yves are preparing a presentation on XLIFF for the conference. They have to send a draft in by August 15th. and slides by October 4th. They may ask the rest of the TC for comments on the slides. David has expressed a willingness to be part of a panel discussion.

Face to Face meeting
It was proposed that we will hold a face to face meeting at Heidelberg. Christian is checking if we can use the Video conferencing facilities at SAP. Participants from Dublin and the US could then join the meeting by video conference. It was proposed that this meeting will take place on Wednesday November 6th. Gerard will talk to LISA and express our interest in having a meeting as part of this conference. The benefits of having this meeting at LISA and meeting up with people looking at similar issues such as the OSCAR group were pointed out.

4/ XLIFF 1.1 Work in progress
Migration strategy
It was proposed by Peter and seconded by Mark that we should look at the issues which John Reid raised in relation to the Migration strategy. John introduced his document which deals with some issues in the migration strategy document. Certification - It was agreed that this word had connotations of certifying a tool and should be changed to qualification. In the second line of the minor changes 'Shall' is changed to 'May'

It was agreed to change the first line of 'Support for existing users' to 'Support for deprecated elements, values or attribute names, at least until next Major version number revision' and the second line to 'On a Minor release no list may be closed, if it was open in a previous release. On a Major release a list may be closed'.

It was agreed to change the 'Rule for name changes' point to 'The names of required elements and attributes will not be changed. However, a new element/attribute may be added that has different semantics. The new element/attribute would replace the current required element/attribute, may or may not be required, and may or may not be deprecated. The replaced element/attribute would no longer be required'. It was agreed to change the User migration assistance to

'For each major release it is the intention of the Technical Committee to make available the following material:
*       A Migration Policy Statement
*       A Migration guidelines white paper
*       A "Migration Support Kit" - containing Whitepaper, Sample Files, and
possibly sample XSLT's '

John will sent out the revised migration strategy document and the TC will have until the end of this week for clarifications or corrections. No new suggestions will be accepted at this stage. Peter will send out a ballot on Thursday and this ballot will be expected back by August 19th.

4/ It was decided that due to time considerations the meeting will be adjourned. Next Meeting is August 20th. Jonathan will be asked to chair this meeting.

Peter Reynolds, Software Development Manager, Berlitz GlobalNET 3, West Pier Business Campus, Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin, Ireland

Tel: +353-1-202-1280
Fax: +353-1- 202-1299
Web Site: http//www.berlitzglobalnet.com
"Don't just translate it, BerlitzIT" http//www.berlitzIT.com

To subscribe or unsubscribe from this elist use the subscription
manager: <http://lists.oasis-open.org/ob/adm.pl>

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [Elist Home]

Powered by eList eXpress LLC