Subject: Re: [xliff] Exploring teleconference options for XLIFF calls

I have used Skype for audio conferences and it works well. I've never done
it with more than half a dozen people. There's a max of nine (9) people in
a conference.

Regards,
Eric

|------------>
| From:      |
|------------>
  |bryan.s.schnabel@tektronix.com                                                                                                                    |
|------------>
| To:        |
|------------>
  |<xliff@lists.oasis-open.org>                                                                                                                      |
|------------>
| Date:      |
|------------>
  |02/29/2008 02:32 PM                                                                                                                               |
|------------>
| Subject:   |
|------------>
  |[xliff] Exploring teleconference options for XLIFF calls                                                                                          |

Hello TC members,

I've just learned that our long-standing use of Oracle's meeting place
teleconference facility is coming to an end.  I'd like to express my
sincere gratitude to them for very generously providing us with such an
excellent service these many years.

Going forward, we have a challenge to find the best way for us to conduct
our meetings.  Our partners at OASIS are working on options for us.
Meanwhile, in the interest of due-diligence, I'd like to get an idea of
what additional alternatives we have.

Please let me know . . .

1. Can you provide a similar teleconference facility for our XLIFF TC
conference calls?  The optimal situation would be that you could provide us
a dial-in number, ideally toll-free, for as many regions as possible.

2. Can you recommend a free VOIP teleconference service we should try?  The
best situation would be that they could offer us a toll-free dial in number
for a good number of our members, and that the quality would be good.

3. Is Skype a viable possibility for you?  Do you have experience using
Skype for teleconferences?  If so, did it work well?

If our OASIS partners are still working on this in our March meeting
timeframe, and other options have not materialized, I think the leading
probable method will be Skype.  But I'm looking forward to your feedback.