Subject: RE: [xliff] TMX 2.0 does not have an inline element to store content?

> > <trans-unit resname="p" w:rsidR="00C93CE8" w:rsidRDefault="00F331AC">
> >  <source>
> >    <g ctype="r">
> >       <g ctype="t" xml:space="preserve">Hello </g>
> >    </g>
> >    <g ctype="r" w:rsidRPr="00F331AC">
> >       <g ctype="rPr">
> >          <x ctype="b"/>
> >       </g>
> >       <g ctype="t">bold </g>
> >    </g>
> >    <g ctype="r">
> >       <g ctype="t" xml:space="preserve"> world.</g>
> >    </g>
> >  </source>
> > </trans-unit>
> This markup requires 8 inline tags with nesting. Too many tags. This is
> not practical because nested tags complicate editing.

I'm with Rodolfo for this: too complicated.

The other problem is that going to such minute details means such segment cannot really be matched against most similar segments in
other format where most of the time, a simple formatting like this is just 2 tags.

As for representing codes in attributes: The issue of representing whitespaces in attributes has been bothering me for a while (in
XML attribute values are normalized by the parsers see: http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-xml/#AVNormalize, so we would lose whitespaces).
But maybe there are ways around it.