OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

xliff message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: RE: [xliff] RE: Draft Minutes for XLIFF TC

Hi Bryan, Yves,
I have just one point.
I think we agreed that we do not discourage adding new requirements. We
just set a specific deadline for the scope definition.
In fact, I think, we said that adding sub-bullets (possible answers) to
scope (including pros and cons and name of the proponent) AND adding
requirements is allowed between this and next meeting.

Correct me if I am wrong...

David Filip, PMO
phone: +420-545552-203, mobile: +420-731-492244
Moravia Worldwide

-----Original Message-----
From: bryan.s.schnabel@tektronix.com
Sent: Tuesday, May 05, 2009 6:56 PM
To: ysavourel@translate.com
Cc: xliff@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [xliff] RE: Draft Minutes for XLIFF TC

Hi Yves,

Thanks so much for taking notes. If we hear no requests for edits from
the TC, I will post these in kavi.


ps. Sometimes I'm conflicted between spending so much of the TC's
conference time setting up "procedures" vs. doing actual work. I think
we're all eager to make some progress (i.e., solve XLIFF 2.0 issues and
fix/add features). But I think there is value in setting the foundation
with a sturdy plan - so the progress *sticks*. Please always feel free
to give me advise on striking the balance, if you have ideas. It's like
all those years I coached hockey teams. It took me a while to learn how
much time to spend teaching the players the drills, vs. getting them on
the ice and doing the drills.

From: Yves Savourel [ysavourel@translate.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 05, 2009 9:04 AM
To: Schnabel, Bryan S
Cc: xliff@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: Draft Minutes for XLIFF TC

Hi Bryan,

Here are the minutes. Feel free to edit.
(I've CCed the group in case they spot mistakes).


1) --- Roll call:
Yves, Bryan, David, Asgeir, Magnus, Christian, +Lucia.

2) --- Asgeir move to accept minute, Yves second.
No objections.

3) --- Review Common Requirements for elements between TMX and XLIFF

Come to consensus on the requirements, then assign owners to propose
wording for the spec

A. Report on the TMX meeting attended by XLIFF TC invitees  B.
Christians proposal for next steps

C. Adding an adjacent item not included in the list on the wiki page:
issues around SUB

D. Asgeir's thoughts on XLIFF 2.0 in 3D (Testing the friendship between

Christian: Need to have time and space to proceed, or we are losing
momentum and opportunities. Need for timelines.

Bryan: Also for work in general (XLIFF 2.0)?

Christian: Personal opinion: just the inline markup.
Email is just examples. Main point is we need timelines.

Bryan: Group good at generating ideas, but less good at finalizing
things. So I'm for it.

Yves: +1.

Christian: anyone thing it would be counter-productive?
None voiced.
Are current steps ok, or too generic?

Christian: Yes, high-level milestones would be fine.

Bryan: Feel like we are on step-2 already. So maybe need to have a
deadline for that step and a milestone for step-3.
Second week of June for end of Step-2.
Yves, Asgeir: sounds good.
Christian: sounds fine.

Step-3 starting first week of July.

David: need scope defined (3.2) first. Or we won't know if requirements
cover the scope.

Bryan: right.

David: 3.2 may need to be more developed.
At what level is the scope? Group? Or source/target?

Bryan: inline affect XLIFF above source/target?

David: Until next meeting for scope (questions).

Bryan: Conclusion of next meeting for closing step-1.

David: For example, all to answer questions listed in scope by next

Bryan: Wiki as the "source of truth" for our work. Email thread for
discussion, wiki for the conclusion.
Is that ok with everyone?

Yves: yes. Asgeir: yes, I can also enter data to the wiki if some

Asgeir: email for the discussion, then we state the agreed upon
conclusion in the wiki. We can use link to the emails.

David: yes. But make sure not all the burden to maintain the wiki falls
on Asgeir's shoulder.

Asgeir: yes, for people comfortable with it, and cautious about not
overriding other's work. It's a balance to find.

Bryan: make sure also to set comments when committing the changes.

David: Maybe to restrict what changes can be done between the meetings.
For example for now, work only on the scope (add answers).

Asgeir: yes, bullet points for answer, and associated name.
If people more comfortable with email use email.

David: important to use email for notifying new info is being set.

Christian: are we discussing general discussion mechanism here? (not
just inline content).

Asgeir: yes, a way to collaborate in general. Here applied to the inline
content, but we can use this later for the other XLIFF 2.0

Bryan: yes.
Important to define the scope for example: is text just what in inside
source/target or within group?

Summary from Bryan:
- define methodology for working on inline content, and may be useable
for other parts of 2.0
- "scope" is the target for next meeting.
- people can edit wiki, email as well. Usually: use email for discussion
and wiki for conclusion.
- no adding of requirements until we are done with scope.

4) --- Method to define when XLIFF 2.0 is done.
Tabled for later as Rodolfo is not there.

5) --- XLIFF 2.0 requirements
Not in this meeting.

Bryan: no new business.
Lucia: we can become voting member at the end of second meeting.

Next meeting is third Tuesday of May.

Meeting adjourned.

To unsubscribe from this mail list, you must leave the OASIS TC that
generates this mail.  Follow this link to all your TCs in OASIS at:

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]