Subject: Groups - XLIFF TC Telelconference added

As we agreed at the conclusion of the last meeting, the conformance
discussion is a very important part of our work for XLIFF 2.0. I think we
all agreed that all voices have had ample opportunity to be heard, and we
should be able to come to closure on this. An action item for all of us:
please review the discussion from last meeting
(http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201011/msg00002.html). I think
it is clear summary of all the points made on the topic. I would like to
limit the summary on this topic to 15 minutes. At that point I would like
to have a ballot (either the ballot proposed my David, or an alternate
ballot). I think we can come up with a meaningful outcome.

 -- Bryan Schnabel*

XLIFF TC Telelconference has been added by Bryan Schnabel*

Date:  Tuesday, 16 November 2010
Time:  11:00am - 12:00pm ET

Event Description:
To access the meeting go to:
https://www1.gotomeeting.com/join/277182288

- You can use your microphone and speakers (VoIP)
- Or, call in using your telephone:
Dial: 1-630-869-1010
Access Code: 277-182-288
Meeting ID: 277-182-288
(meeting setup Courtesy of Yves)

Agenda:
1/ Roll call

2/ Approve Tuesday, 02 November 2010 meeting minutes:
   Accept, reject, or amend.
  (http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201011/msg00002.html)

3/ Current XLIFF business
  1. David proposes a ballot on *conformance criteria and processing requirements in xliff 2.0*
     - 15 minutes alloted
     (http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201010/msg00002.html).
    a. This is the wording as David indicated in the 19 October meeting
----- ballot wording:
TC sets as the following methodological principles for XLIFF 2.0 re conformance and processing:
 1. Each element and data type must be accompanied by clearly specified conformance criteria
 2. Conformance criteria must be binary, i.e. satisfied or failed, no shades of grey or levels of support.
 3. Conformance criteria must include well-formedness and processing requirements
 4. Processing requirements must be defined in terms of well-formedness and specific allowed values of elements and data types before and after processing.
-----
    b. Christian initiated the "Input to discussion on Conformance"
       (http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201010/msg00013.html)

  2. Move our spec into Docbook (http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201007/msg00009.html)
    a. Filter current spec into Docbook (Bryan)
    b. Rodolfo to add Docbook spec to OASIS
  3. ISO/OASIS XLIFF - XLIFF as an ISO standard (Peter) (http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201008/msg00029.html)
  4. RDF + XLIFF (Dimitra)
  5. Christian's usage scenarios for having a MIME-type for XLIFF (http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201010/msg00004.html)

4/ XLIFF Inline text SC report (LISA/OSCAR proposal to re-establish a partnership
   in developing common text markup)
  1. Yves' SC report

5/ XLIFF Symposium Debrief: "Voice of our customer"
   Christian began the Consolidated takeaways wiki page (http://wiki.oasis-open.org/xliff/Consolidated%20Takesaways%20from%20First%20XLIFF%20Symposium)
   Christian's slides: http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/xliff/download.php/39848/2010-10-08_1st%20XLIFF%20Symposium%20-%20XLIFF%20TC%20Summary-draft.pdf
   The "Voice of the Customer": Place for all attendee to comments here: (http://wiki.oasis-open.org/xliff/Consolidated%20Takesaways%20from%20First%20XLIFF%20Symposium )

6/ Conformance (Here are the OASIS Guidelines: http://docs.oasis-open.org/templates/TCHandbook/ConformanceGuidelines.html)
  (See also 3.3)
  1. Rodolfo started a thread on his first draft (http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201006/msg00001.html)
  2. Yves started a thread on Conformance/compliance (http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201006/msg00002.html)

7/ Charter
  The current charter is here: (http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/xliff/charter.php)

8/ XLIFF 2.0
  1. Simplified XLIFF element tree (http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201008/msg00012.html)
     and Christian's idea of Domains (http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201009/msg00004.html)
  (we now have 4 approved new features and 11 proposed features to be evaluated)
  2. Asgeir started a thread on multiple File elements (http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201006/msg00012.html)
     - discuss this here, or move it to the Feature Tracking page?
  3. Review items from XLIFF 2.0 Dashboard (http://wiki.oasis-open.org/xliff/XLIFF2.0)
    (move any items to Feature Tacking Section?)
  4. Review items approved in section 1 (http://wiki.oasis-open.org/xliff/XLIFF2.0/FeatureTracking)
  5. Begin work evaluating proposed features

9/ Rodolfo raises questions regarding
  1. "Translatable stuff in XLIFF 1.2"(http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201002/msg00012.html)
  2. segmentation  (http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201002/msg00029.html)
      (note: this thread had many facets. The url above is the latest entry,
       and also contains references to all the other email)
  3. problems with seg-source (http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201002/msg00028.html)

10/ New Business

Minutes:

View event details:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/xliff/event.php?event_id=28830

PLEASE NOTE:  If the above link does not work for you, your email
application may be breaking the link into two pieces.  You may be able to
browser.

BEGIN:VCALENDAR
METHOD:PUBLISH
VERSION:2.0
X-WR-CALNAME:My Calendar
BEGIN:VEVENT
CATEGORIES:MEETING
STATUS:TENTATIVE
DTSTAMP:20101114T000000Z
DTSTART:20101116T160000Z
DTEND:20101116T170000Z
SEQUENCE:0
SUMMARY:XLIFF TC Telelconference
  to:\nhttps://www1.gotomeeting.com/join/277182288\n\n- You can use your
  microphone and speakers (VoIP)\n- Or\, call in using your
  telephone:\nDial: 1-630-869-1010\nAccess Code: 277-182-288\nMeeting
  ID: 277-182-288\n(meeting setup Courtesy of Yves)\n\nGroup: OASIS XML
  Localisation Interchange File Format (XLIFF) TC\nCreator: Bryan
  Schnabel*
URL:http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/xliff/event.php?event_id=28830
UID:http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/xliff/event.php?event_id=28830
END:VEVENT