Subject: RE: [xliff] XLIFF 2.0 Core

Hi all,

It's been a while since I've made a contribution to this group, but I have a few observations:

1. I think "match" has a strong TM bias. To me, a (TM) match refers to the source while an MT string provides an alternative translation (for the target). What about "candidate"? The candidate type could then be defined using an attribute.

2. I fully agree with Rodolpho. If "note" and "match" are moved to a different namespace, it should be an official one.

3. I think it's very important to know whether something has already been segmented (this echoes one of Yves' earlier comments: "If there is a need to know whether a content has been through a segmentation process or not, we could also have an attribute for this."). Indicating the type of segmentation (sentence/word) at the attribute level seems useful.

Kind regards,

Johann

Johann Roturier
Principal Research Engineer, SES  EMEA