Subject: RE: [xliff] XLIFF 2.0 Core

I hope nobody is worried about my uncharacteristic silence on this thread (or maybe celebrating it ;-).

I'm following with much interest and I like the direction it is going. I want to manage/look after an important side issue Rodolfo mentioned. We will certainly need to think about the notion of a core-namespace vs. module-namespaces, all falling under the *official* XLIFF namespace. I'll take this on. So let's keep the thread going, and I'll sign up for tracking the administrative side-issues as they  arise.

- Bryan

-----Original Message-----
From: Rodolfo M. Raya [mailto:rmraya@maxprograms.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 07, 2011 7:07 AM
To: xliff@lists.oasis-open.org

Hi Yves,

SDLXLIFF files are plagued of custom elements around segments. I added multiple <ignorable> before and after a segment to support that.

It's OK for me to move <match> and <note> to a different namespace, as long as it is an official namespace defined by the XLIFF TC.

I think that the core should not have <header> or equivalent. Do we agree?

Rodolfo M. Raya   <rmraya@maxprograms.com>
Maxprograms      http://www.maxprograms.com