Subject: RE: XLIFF/TAUS next steps

Hi Rahzeb,

Thanks for sharing this. Getting feedback from the XLIFF community is one of the highest priorities for the XLIFF TC. This survey is very useful in that regard. On behalf of the TC, I thank to you and TAUS for taking the initiative. I'm sure we will spend a lot of time considering the valuable information the survey results have unlocked.

Your mention of the next stage is very topical for us as well. I am forwarding this to the XLIFF list. Perhaps members will have some insights for you on your question 1. and 2. (core vs. non-core and key contributors).

As I mentioned earlier. The TC, at this moment, is probably several months away from knowing what features will be core vs. what will be modules. At this stage we are analyzing which is the better course to take to make that determination. Should we begin now to define criteria that measures a feature's core-worthiness? Or should we press on and define all of the features for 2.0, and then afterward categorize them as core or module?

So the direct answer we would give to your question 1.: we have no features that we agree should be in the core, we have a long list of features that are still open for considerations, and we have no list of features that should not be in the core.

I'm sorry if I did not make the "earliness" of that decision clear enough.

We are very happy to continue - and are very grateful to TAUS for all the help.