Subject: Re: [xliff] To extend or not to extend. Was: [xliff] Definition of "core" and "modules"

That's an interesting approach, and shows how something like this could be made to work in XLIFF. Rodolfo provided another way to me earlier in a conversation that is even more XLIFF-like in its output (it involved “exploding” the selectors to create a full set of all the possibilities that could be easily translated in XLIFF) and would put the difficulty of dealing with the strange variable notation into the filter and produce clean and clear XLIFF. So there are ways to deal with it and which would be better probably depends on a lot of factors.

But this was all an example to get at a principle that I think is now resolved.

Best,

-Arle