Subject: Re: [xliff] csprd02 - 112 (Problems validating XLIFF files with 2.0 schemas)

I am investigating for you. Will be back with a response shortly.

On Tue, Oct 22, 2013 at 1:43 PM, Dr. David Filip <David.Filip@ul.ie> wrote:
Thanks for clarification, Yves
I think this needs a follow up with @Chet.
I am afraid that we cannot bundle the W3C schema together with our schemas as it could create the false impression that the W3C schema is a part of our multipart product.
But maybe there is a way how to include a copy while making clear that it is not a part of our deliverables..

Rgds

On Tue, Oct 22, 2013 at 1:44 PM, Yves Savourel <ysavourel@enlaso.com> wrote:
> Yves, what do you mean with the official copy?
> Do you suggest that the xml schema is included in
> the official XLIFF schema folder?

Yes.

The W3C is throttling access to DTDs and schemas due to too much traffic.
They recommend to not access those URI if it can be avoided.

This blog entry explains the issue and recommend "Don't fetch stuff unless you actually need it":
http://www.w3.org/blog/systeam/2008/02/08/w3c_s_excessive_dtd_traffic/

The schema for the XML namespace is frozen: There is no reason to not have a copy of it. In fact many XML validators have a
local/hard-wired copy of it in their distribution. But the ones which do not--with our current schema--end up fetching the document
on the W3C Web site and get throttled.

/chet
Chet Ensign
http://www.oasis-open.org