Subject: RE: [xliff] XLIFF 2.0 + ICU messages in Angular

+1

Thank you, Rodolfo.

LucÃa

De : xliff@lists.oasis-open.org <xliff@lists.oasis-open.org> De la part de Bryan Schnabel
Envoyà: 12 April 2021 15:08
à: xliff@lists.oasis-open.org; Mr. Rodolfo Raya <rmraya@maxprograms.com>
Objet : Re: [xliff] XLIFF 2.0 + ICU messages in Angular

Most interesting indeed. Thanks for sharing this, Rodolfo. I think reaching out to that group would be a very good idea.

On Monday, April 12, 2021, 4:23:48 AM PDT, Mr. Rodolfo Raya <rmraya@maxprograms.com> wrote:

Hi,

Angular, a very popular _javascript_ framework, supports XLIFF 2.0 for internationalization. See https://angular.io/guide/i18n

It is interesting to notice how Angular mixes XLIFF 2.0 with ICU Message Format for handling plurals and alternates. It places raw ICU notation in <source>, something that requires additional processing before translation.

I've got a sample file with XLIFF 2.0 that has some validation issues. It might be interesting to contact the i18n group at Angular and work with them on XLIFF 2.0 support.