Subject: Use of fs:fs/fs:subFs in <note> element?

I am investigating how to carry translation note including link for external materials.

In XLIFF 2.1 specification, <note> element can have optional format style attributes â fs:fs ad fs:subFs. And the format style attributes from HTML including many inline elements. However, I have no idea how we can use them in <note>.

For example, if you want HTML fragment:

  Please check <a href="" screen capture</a>.

If this is a part of <source> or <target>, I understand it can be represented as below:

But, I don't think <pc> is allowed in <note> value If my understanding is correct.

Of course, if we put <a> tag as "&lt;a>" in <note> body, it is valid, but I suspect this is what the spec suggests.

  <notes>

    <note fs:fs="html">Please check &lt;a href="" screen capture&lt;/a>.</note>

  </notes>

Above should be valid, but I think this is not what XLIFF spec author thought about.

Do I misunderstand the specification? If not, what is the typical use case for fs:fs/fs:SubFs attribute in <note> element?

Thanks,

Yoshito