xri message

Subject: RE: [egov] OASIS e-GOV TC : LIAISONS

John et al,

I would like to add one more OASIS TC with which I believe the e-Gov TC
needs a liaison point.

The OASIS XRI TC (eXtensible Resource Identifier) is currently in the
latter stages of specifying a scheme for identifying and resolving both
network and non-network resources using fully abstracted identifiers.

I believe that the most relevant aspects of XRIs will be their:

*	Abstraction and Independence
*	Persistence and Reassignability
*	Human-friendliness and Machine-friendliness
*	Cross-Context Identification
*	Authority, Delegation, and Federation
*	Security and Privacy
*	Extensibility

If any of you wish to review the latest version of the specs which are
now going through a final round of reviews by the TC then they can be
found at
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/xri/download.php/2781/wd-xr
i-sp
<http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/xri/download.php/2781/wd-x
ri-sp>

The motivations, requirements and glossary leading to the creation of
the XRI specs are detailed here:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/xri/download.php/2523/xri-r
equirements-and-glossary-v1.0.doc
<http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/xri/download.php/2523/xri-
requirements-and-glossary-v1.0.doc>

I have signed up to the e-Gov Infrastructure group for the very reason
of introducing the work of this TC since I feel that the topic of
identity is best handled as an infrastructure-level component.

Should you agree with me that the XRI TC would benefit from liaison with
the e-Gov TC then I would be happy to take on that role (I am secretary
of the XRI TC) and present a regular report on our progress and
relevance to e-Gov.

Thanks

Marc Le Maitre
Secretary - OASIS XRI TC