xri message

Subject: RE: [xri] 3.2.7 - User Relative XRIs

I agree with the later of Gabe's suggestions, i.e., that we should
modify the text and the example to clarify that "*" is replaced by the
*base XRI*, not an identifier authority.

Thus "@employer/Mary" is fine as the base XRI.

=Drummond

-----Original Message-----
From: Wachob, Gabe [mailto:gwachob@visa.com]
Sent: Thursday, December 04, 2003 10:05 AM
To: 'Dave McAlpin'; 'Loren West'; xri@lists.oasis-open.org

Actually, @employer/Mary is not an Identifier Authority - @employer is.

The user-relative "absolute"-conversion always adds a "/" between the
current "base" and the shortcut. This means that the shortcut (ie the
user-relative XRI) can never modify the identifier authority.

I don't think this changes the example's intent, however. If you simply
change the example to have "@employer.Mary" (that is, a "." instead of a
"/") as the base, everything is good. Or, don't call @employer/Mary a
"identifier authority" and call it the "base XRI for the user context in
which the user-relative XRI appears"

Make sense?

        -Gabe