xri message

Subject: Re: [xri] <SubjectTemplate>

I always thought that a host-meta (now XRD-for-a-host) was pointing to meta-data for the _host_, which is different from meta-data for _all resources on the host_. So something like (in the old syntax):

# assume this is the host-meta for bobs-blog.com:
Link: <http://pops-software-shop.com>; rel=author
Link-Pattern: <http://profiles.com/bob>; rel=author

would mean that the author of bobs-blog.com is pops-software-shop.com, but that the author of every single resource on bobs-blog.com is http://profiles.com/bob.

If we used something like

<XRD>
<SubjectTemplate>http://bobs-blog.com/*</SubjectTemplate>
</XRD>

to denote that this XRD is about the host, not a particular resource, then isn't this XRD about _every resource_ on bobs-blog.com, as opposes to the _host_ bobs-blog.com? How would we say the equivalent of the "Link: <http://pops-software-shop.com>; rel=author" line above?

And what's the difference in meaning between the first and second Link element in the following XRD:

<XRD>
<SubjectTemplate>http://bobs-blog.com/*</SubjectTemplate>
<Link>
  <Rel>author</Rel>