Subject: How do we collaborate on our documents?

I've noticed that our committee pages on the OASIS site are set up to
publish working documents, but only at a high level of formality. So far,
we have Tony's first cut at the discretionary parts of the specs, but my
additions (sent 7/5/2000) are not added in. Is this simply an unfortunate
byproduct of the fact that Tony's list was an attachment and mine was
embedded in the message body? Do we need a different way to build these
documents collaboratively? Who will publish the documents in the special
section of the Web site?

In addition to the list of discretionary items, I'm getting ready to send
along the start of a list of vague areas in the specs. This, too, will
benefit from collaborative assembly of submissions from all list members.
We also need to start "talking" about the flags that pertain to individual
test cases, possibly to become prescribed comments in the stylesheets. This
in turn leads to a discussion of how we express the linkage between a test
case and particular passages in the specs.

I like the idea that someone could go to the Web site and find a section
where they see the latest versions of those and other planning documents.
If we need another tool to do the collaborative work of the committee,
<plug>Lotus has a wide range of products for collaboration.</plug> Unless I
hear of a specific protocol, I'll just send my draft documents to the
mailing list.
.................David Marston